Thursday, January 12, 2012

No Bake Granola Bars

This evening, I got some Go Raw Live Granola I had ordered on amazon.  I didn't realize there would be so much granola, so I decided to do something with it.  Inspired by Almost Vegan Amber Shea's recipe, I tried my hand at my own version, mainly because I didn't have any tahini, agave or coconut nectar on hand. It still turned out quite tasty.

Nut Butter Granola

1 cup natural nut butter (I used peanut butter)
3/4 cup brown rice syrup or coconut nectar (honey or maple syrup may not be thick enough)
2 tsp vanilla extract
pinch salt
4 cups granola

Mix the first four ingredients in a bowl. You may need to heat it a bit to make it easy to mix.  Once all is incorporated, add the granola and combine. Spread into a 9 inch square baking pan and press firmly.  Refrigerate.  Once set, cut into 16 bars.

Yield: 16 servings
Per serving: 317 calories, 10 grams fat, 6 grams fiber, 8 grams protein

These don't look nearly as good as they taste... though next time, I will try Amber's recipe because those bars look yummy.





No comments:

Post a Comment